Thank you to all of the great fans of Pursue the Pennant and DYNASTY League Baseball for 30 fantastic fun years of playing!
Some of the history is captured at the DYNASTY League Baseball reviews and feature link where you can find the first review of Pursue the Pennant, New Board Game is a Fan’s Dream by Michael Bauman of the Milwaukee Journal.
We are celebrating 30 years of Pursue the Pennant and DYNASTY League Baseball during the Busch stadium Tour Tournament Express August 1-3 in conjunction with Baseball Prospectus Night at Busch Stadium.
If you have never been on one of the more than 20 Tour Tournament events that have been held you are in for an unforgettable and thrilling experience. You can read about some of the previous incredible stories to be told from the Pursue the Pennant Tour Tournaments in the Spring 1991 newsletter. A hurricane at Fenway Park, the lost George Brett folder, the miracle comeback on the Three Rivers express, the young titans battling in the Amtrak cafe car enroute to the Busch Stadium Express are just a few of many stories:
The Busch Stadium Tour Tournament leads off on Friday, August 1 from Union Station in Chicago with rail connections from Milwaukee (where it all began back in 1984), Detroit, Indianapolis and Toledo where we will board Amtrak’s Texas Eagle long distance train.
All of you native Cardinals fans in St. Louis we want you to join our group in St. Louis (check the bottom of this post for the St. Louis option)!
If you live in other parts of the country please contact us so we can help you connect into Chicago.
We’ll head to the Dome Observation car and begin our Greatest Team tournament with the DYNASTY League Baseball Board version.
I’ll be on the tour tournament event of course and will be skippering the 1985 Cardinals. You’ll have your chance to play me with your favorite greatest team as well as all the other fans on the trip which will be some of the top competition.
On Saturday, August 2 we’ll head out to Busch Stadium for a tour. On your behind-the-scenes ballpark tour of sensational Busch Stadium, the home of the St. Louis Cardinals, you will get to go places only the players and staff go including:
After the tour, we will attend Baseball Prospectus Night at Busch stadium:
- Admittance to a private “meet and greet” with special guests and Baseball Prospectus personalities (including Jason Parks, Harry Pavlidis, and Joe Hamrahi) 2 hours prior to game time
- A question and answer session with industry guests and members of the St. Louis Cardinals front office (including Assistant General Manager Mike Girsch)
- Ticket in section 265 at Busch Stadium to watch the Cardinals take on the Milwaukee Brewers with Baseball Prospectus fans and staff
- All kids 15 years of age and under receive a Cardinals backpack
- A $15 coupon to be used toward a new Baseball Prospectus Premium subscription or your next Premium renewal
Game time is 6:15 PM.
Busch Stadium Express Tour Tournament includes:
– Greatest Teams tournament
Team selections are at this MLB.com News Blog:
– Round trip rail fare Chicago to St. Louis
– Two nights Drury Union Station Hotel including hot breakfast just a couple blocks from Busch Stadium.
– Tour of Busch Stadium
– Baseball Prospectus Night (see above for everything included)
– Loge Level ticket to Cardinals vs. Brewers August 2, 2014.
Double occupancy: $398 per person
Triple occupancy: Subtract $46
Single occupancy: Add $179
Milwaukee round trip rail connection: Add $48
Busch Stadium tour and Baseball Prospectus Night only on August 2 for local DYNASTY League Baseball fans in the St. Louis area: $98
Space is very limited and will sell out.
Tournament Team selections on first come basis.
Deadline for reservations is April 28, 2014
Call 561-494-2711 or email email@example.com
See you in August!